Leading European truck makers operated cartel for 14 years: FT
Leading European truckmakers operated cartel for 14 years: FT
(Reuters) - Top European truckmakers operated a cartel for 14 years to delay the progress of emissions-reducing technology, the Financial Times reported, citing leaked documents in a European Commission investigation.
The newspaper said that one of the documents states that DAF Trucks, Daimler, Iveco, Scania, Volvo and MAN "agreed the timing and price increase levels for the introduction of new emission technologies" to comply with Euro 3 rules on nitrogen oxide and other emissions in 2000. (on.ft.com/1vanmz5)
A spokeswoman for the European Commission, which announced last month it had sent charges to truckmakers it accused of a long-running and serious price-fixing cartel, said it would not comment on the leaked document. Known as a statement of objections, it lists the accusations against the firms.
Daimler, Volvo and Iveco parent CNH Industrial all confirmed receipt last month of the statements of objections, together with Volkswagen-controlled Scania and MAN.
European Union officials raided several truck makers in 2011 to start an antitrust investigation. It had found collusion dating back to January 1997 and ending in January 2011, the Financial Times said.
"All competitors participated directly and throughout the full duration in all the constituent elements of the cartel," the FT quoted one of the leaked documents as saying.
Companies can be fined up to 10 percent of their annual revenue if the Commission concludes that there is sufficient evidence of an infringement of EU rules barring cartels and the abuse of market dominance.
Germany's Daimler said last week it was setting aside an additional 600 million euros ($740 million) to cover potential costs related to the antitrust investigation by the European Commission.
(Reporting by Ankush Sharma in Bangalore; additional reporting by Alastair Macdonald in Brussels; Editing by Grant McCool and Mark Potter)
+30% Fuel Efficiency Guarantee Using Our HHO KIT HHO GAS GENERATOR Dry Cell Water Fuel For Your Car, Truck Or Ship. For more informations follow this link https://hhokit.ie
Download Free HHO GAS Generator Installation Manual and Video! Our HHO Gas Generator is Proven to Lower Fuel Costs 20% - 40%+ or more, Increase Mileage, and Help the Environment! But there is more... You Will Also Notice Lower Engine Temperatures, Faster Acceleration, and Best of all, it Does Not Damage Your Car Warranty!
Now there is a system that allows you to reduce the fuel consumption in your car at a very low cost. Simply use your normal fuel mixed with the HHO Gas generated in your own car in a process called electrolysis. The HHO Gas produced is then directed toward the engines combustion chamber, via the air intake manifold, where it mixes with your usual carbon based fuel (petrol, diesel, lpg) and there both are ignited. This allows your carbon based fuel to burn better increasing the Combustion Efficiency, thus reducing fuel consumption and the amount of pollutants released in the exhaust. HHO kits are simple to use and you will be able to install it in your car without the help of a mechanic.
Researches on HHO Gas have shown that HHO Gas supplemental fuel engines require less fuel and produce less carbon emissions.
HHO Kit HHO Gas Product Advantages
- Reduce your fuel spendings up to 30%. This is valid for both highway and town (city) driving conditions.
- Increases the power and performance in your car. The more fuel you burn, the more the engine gets rattled up and wrecked. Once you switch to supplemental HHO Gas, it will enhance power and performance in you car.
- Reduces the CO2 emissions. Eliminating pollution and other harmful residues that our car engines produce. What´s wrong with doing also something good for the environment besides saving money?
- Reduces the temperature in the engine. Also improves engine life-span since its burning fuel at a much cooler state.
- Removes the carbon residues inside your engine and prevent future carbon deposits.
- Lower noise and vibrations in the engine. HHO Gas effect in the combustion cycle. The engine will sound much quieter than it was before. This is due to higher combustion efficiency in your car.
- Increases the lifespan of your engine.
- Research on HHO Gas have shown that hydrogen supplemental fuel engines require less fuel and produce less carbon emissions. (View full text)
Our HHO Kit HHO Gas Generator
Experiments were carried out to evaluate the influence of the addition of HHO gas (hydrogen+oxygen obtained electrochemically from the water) to the air in the intake manifold of a direct injection diesel engine. What research shows is that the addition of HHO gas can improve the combustion efficiency process due to the different combustion properties of HHO Gas in comparison to conventional fuels.
We are using a small part of the car energy to produce HHO Gas. When we add this hydrogen to our normal fuel inside the engine, the energy released in the combustion chamber is much higher than usual, resulting in a important reduction of fuel consumption!
Let Us Find the Best HHO Kit For Your Car Or Truck! Our HHO GAS System Will INSTANTLY Match You With The Best HHO Kit And Tell You Why!